Email us ⏤ firstname.lastname@example.org
Planixs, a market leading, North-West based Fintech software company develop next generation analytics and optimisation software designed to address challenges around ‘Big Data’ in the Financial Services space. Planixs was established 10 years ago and continues to go from strength to strength working with some of the world’s largest banks.
Planixs was placed in the much respected Sunday Times Tech Track 100 (highest ranking Fintech and North-West based business), and prior to that a finalist in the Northern Tech Awards 2018 (being the highest ranking Fintech business). The company was also recently awarded the RegTech of the Year accolade in the US FinTech Awards 2021.
Planixs do everything to support their people, they offer competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, pension, private healthcare and bonus potential. They also know how important it is to flex time around personal needs, ensuring that you are able to be where you need to be when the times arise.
The team are committed to pushing the boundaries of the products we work with and helping our clients deliver leading edge analytics to help solve very real business challenges. You will work with modern technologies and be an integral part of continuing to evolve our high-performing platform. If you are serious about the latest tech then Planixs should be top of the list.
Our business is ambitious and is focused upon helping companies optimise their critical decision making through the use of our innovative big data analytics solutions that run on internal or external cloud architectures. We are currently facing a period of unprecedented opportunity and transformation and this role is expected to play a fundamental part in supporting business growth.
We are currently looking for an experienced development focused DevOps Engineer to join our growing team.
We are looking for someone who will enjoy working across our teams, solving problems as they arise, anticipating where new problems might come up, continually looking for improvements we can make and proposing options to make things better – sometimes innovative, sometimes nice and simple! As a member of our team, you will be using your development experience to provide technical, engineering, infrastructure and applications expertise – both internally and to our clients. From automating builds via CI/CD pipelines to system design consulting, software automation and deployment support, from making our system perform at exceptional speeds to experimenting with a variety of technologies and languages, there is a huge range of activities to contribute to and for you to own. You will play a key part in both our technical achievements and our client’s success.
• Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes using Infrastructure as Code principles.
• Building and setting up new development tools, environments and infrastructure across our distributed systems.
• Producing, reviewing, and enforcing best practices for using Cloud and other build/deployment tools.
• Inputting into architectural patterns and deployment options.
• Helping diagnose and solve issues when building/deploying onto client environments including containerised and virtualised environments.
• Ensuring that our systems are safe and secure against security threats.
• Working with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
• Working on internal Proofs of Concepts in a variety of technologies (we currently have PoCs written in Elixir, Rust, C, Broadway as examples).
• Identifying performance bottlenecks within our application suite and proposing enhancements.
• Influencing and coaching wider teams to adopt cloud technologies, test driven development and continuous delivery.
Key knowledge and skills
• You have a broad range of software engineering / DevOps skills as well a deep knowledge of most technical concepts and architectures.
• You have a good working knowledge of Cloud-based platforms (AWS essential, certification preferred).
• Strong Linux system administration skills, scripting, scheduling etc.
• Significant experience with a diverse set of technologies, including various programming languages and engineering concepts, operating systems, storage, networking, virtualisation and automation.
• Significant experience building and maintaining “configuration as code” infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Helm).
• Knowledge or experience in messaging and integration technologies such as IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka etc.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple pieces of work at the same time.
• The ability to learn quickly in a constantly changing environment.
• A general inquisitiveness regarding technology and changes in the industry, a continual learner who is constantly seeking improvement and looking to share their experience with others.
• Strong communication skills with experience of talking to external clients.
To apply for this role, please email your C.V. with a covering letter to email@example.com