We are looking for a Service & Support Lead that will assist the Head of S&S in developing the department within Planixs. You will be responsible for the ownership & operation of multiple Service and Support processes, spanning a number of ITIL ITSM functions, and will contribute to the continuing maturing of our capabilities to support our internal and external client base.
You’ll manage various ITIL processes, including the day-to-day operation of these, and continue to mature and improve them. You’ll be focusing on service excellence activities, and continuous improvement – monitoring the effectiveness of the processes against key metrics.
You will contribute to ensuring client SLAs and internal/external OLAs & KPIs are monitored & achieved by ensuring that the processes, activities & resources under your control are operating effectively. You will help plan team activities & rotas around agreed support hours.
You will also be a key contributor to the reporting processes and will ensure that all service management artefacts, metrics and reports which relate to your area are produced in a timely fashion. You will be required to represent Planixs to customers when called upon.The working environment is one of constant change and reactiveness as we seek to continue to build our brand and be seen as a market leader. We are therefore looking for flexible, adaptable people who can contribute creative solutions as well as maintain a stable daily operation. You may be required to work across multiple functions within Service & Support.
- Ownership of various Service and Support processes relating to traditional ITIL ITSM functions, involving daily operation as well as continual development & maturity of these.
- The functions that you will be required to assist with may include elements of the following:
- Service Management (including Incident, Problem, Knowledge, CSI & Service Delivery).
- Change & Service Transition (including Release, Delivery & Configuration Management).
- HelpDesk & Internal IT (including Access, Asset & Request Management & IT Security).
- Infrastructure & DR (including Availability, Capacity, Supplier, DR & Event Management).
- Contribution to key Client Support functions for global support for Tier 1 Enterprise clients.
- Matrix management of Service & Support resources, and potential direct line management of team members, incorporating performance & development needs, & objective setting.
- Managing end to end ITIL processes and helping continue to mature them to enterprise grade, to deliver capability and efficiencies, and ensure a smooth & stable S&S operation.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the teams & processes against SLA/KPIs, helping to drive through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement across the department.
- Working closely with various internal teams & stakeholders as necessary, including Client Implementation team for Service Transition & Change processes, Operations teams for SaaS & internal infrastructure solutions and the Engineering team for application development.
- Contributing to identifying issues & risks, and proactively seeking out opportunities for Service Improvements., and assisting with the tracking of & solution proposal for these.
- Working closely with the Head of Service & Support to ensure regular client & board meetings are prepared for & supported, via prompt delivery of reports relating to your areas.
- Involvement in the overall Service & Support departmental Strategy, taking ownership for actions relating to the areas within your control, and being part of the improvement journey.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in a similar role such as Service Delivery Analyst/Manager.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in a number of the areas listed in Key Responsibilities.
- Competent & knowledgeable in operating and maturing Service Management processes.
- Capability in client & customer facing support roles, and using associated ITSM tools.
- Experience of working closely with various stakeholders at different seniority levels.
- Comfortable reporting on areas of accountability to Management, execs & customers.
- Flexible and adaptable team player who will get stuck in, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to flex easily between different Service & Support ‘roles’ as & when required to do so.
- ITIL qualifications at Foundation level and above (Service Operations), V3 onwards.
- Preferred experience of Service Management function support within financial services.
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies & platforms; Windows, Linux, Cloud services.
- Experience of line management of support analysts and a passion for career development.
- Appreciation of Agile/Scrum development methods & software development lifecycles.
- Understanding of Project Management processes & associated frameworks & toolsets.
- Available to work out of hours on a rotation or ad-hoc basis infrequently, as the need arises.
Please note that by submitting your details you consent for Planixs to keep your information on file and contact you in relation to this role and any other roles you are deemed suitable for.
Who are we?
Planixs is the market-leading, Manchester-based FinTech that develops next-generation analytics and optimisation software designed to address the challenges around ‘Big Data’ in the Financial Services space. Established in 2011, we work with global financial institutions, in providing its award-winning product suite Realiti®, a cloud-based and on premise technology solution that delivers real-time intraday cash, collateral and liquidity management capabilities. Planixs was placed in the much-respected Sunday Times Tech Track 100 (highest ranking Fintech business), and prior to that a finalist in the Northern Tech Awards 2018 (being the highest ranking Fintech business). The company was also recently awarded the RegTech of the Year accolade in the US FinTech Awards 2021.
Our Head Office is in the centre of Manchester, where we sometimes meet to kick off projects, for specific work events, or socials, it is of course open during office hours for anyone to use.